While everyone wants beautiful teeth, many people never truly feel confident in their smiles for various reasons. It’s simple to understand why. It turns out that a fear of standard braces is one of the leading causes. People also avoid straightening their teeth at times. Traditional wire braces have their share of disadvantages. Thankfully, Invisalign, offered by most dental offices, provides an alternative to conventional braces.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign are clear, plastic aligners that fit over the teeth like retainers to straighten them over a certain amount of time. The transparent aligners are constructed from flexible plastic, precisely a unique thermoplastic substance known as SmartTrack® that was specially developed for Invisalign treatment. Invisalign aligners are a treatment alternative to conventional braces meant to be worn for a few weeks or months. Your dentist will create new aligners for you as your teeth shift to maintain their steady advancement into the correct position. It’s a procedure free of all the limitations associated with metal braces.
Invisalign offers you a straighter smile more quickly since it moves all of your teeth at once rather than just one at a time.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- A consultation with an Invisalign dentist who has received Invisalign training precedes the beginning of treatment. During this time, the dentist will assess your smile and create a personalized digital treatment plan that outlines the gradual improvement of your smile.
- Your dentist will take x-rays of your jaw and a digital scan of your teeth.
- To produce your customized Invisalign trays out of clear plastic, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth.
- In addition to your aligners, your dentist may use custom, tooth-colored buttons or attachments to help move your teeth.
- During your treatment, you will wear the aligners daily and at night (typically for approximately six to 18 months). It could take a few days to become accustomed to wearing your Invisalign aligners in your mouth. Before your tongue adapts to the trays, you might speak with a slight lisp. Additionally, you’ll probably feel some pressure, which indicates that the aligners are effective.
- To ensure the aligners are comfortable, your cosmetic dentist in Thornton could call you for a checkup.
- As your teeth shift, you will go to the dentist every two to four weeks (or as your dentist instructs) to have a new set manufactured.
- You might need more aligners or refinement at the end of your treatment to help achieve the perfect occlusion and smile.
- To stop your teeth from slipping back following treatment, your dentist in Thornton could advise wearing a retainer.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign?
- For anyone in need of orthodontic treatment, Invisalign is a game-changer. Remove your aligner trays before eating and drinking, consume anything you like, brush your teeth and then replace your aligners.
- Most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing aligners because they’re constructed of transparent, barely noticeable thin plastic. Now you may achieve the stunning smile you’ve always desired without making your teeth-straightening process obvious. Compared to other options on the market, Invisalign is the most discrete.
- Oral hygiene with Invisalign is as easy as taking off your plastic aligners and brushing and flossing as usual, just like you did before you started your treatment.
- You don’t have to worry about the Invisalign aligners breaking because they are sturdy. That eliminates any emergency trips to our office.
- Unlike unattractive metal braces, which protrude from the teeth, Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that fits comfortably against the teeth. Instead of undergoing painful wire tightening every four weeks and having wires poke your cheeks and soft tissue, you will change your aligners at home every two weeks.
- Because Invisalign aligners are practically invisible, removing them is not needed.
How Long Do You Have To Wear An Invisalign?
In your case, many orthodontists may advise that Invisalign treatment could last up to 12 months. It is impossible to predict how long your treatment will last. That’s because each patient will have unique problems with their teeth’s alignment. Adults typically need aligners for a more extended period than teenagers. Teenagers’ teeth are easier to move and more responsive to therapy.
On the other hand, adults typically have more complicated medical conditions and less responsive jaws and teeth. Thus, the course of treatment may be a little longer. It’s critical to wear your aligners for the advised minimum of 22 hours each day if you’re willing to commit your time and money to Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
Before you begin your Invisalign treatment, it is impossible to predict how easily your teeth will change. When it comes to the structure of their mouths, everyone is unique. While one individual’s teeth may move quickly, those of another person may be somewhat resistant. We hope the information in this blog helps you make better decisions regarding your Invisalign treatment.